Deep aeration & removal of compaction
Regular deep spiking and deep aeration is necessary for healthy root growth. After decompacting the ground, the roots can penetrate deeper into the ground and make better use of water and nutrients.
The Greens TERRA SPIKE® is made for golf greens but can also be used on other fine turf. High performance and excellent working quality, user friendly setup, technical reliability, and high durability are the keys to the success of the Greens TERRA SPIKE®.
The SYSTEM TERRA SPIKE® offers a wide range of tools and attachments for the Greens TERRA SPIKE®. The Greens TERRA SPIKE® can be modified to a multifunctional machine which can be used throughout the whole year.
Features may include:QuickFit
3 - speed control gear
- The integrated tine mounting and removal system allows quick and trouble-free mounting of the conical 3/4 and1tines.
- A heavy- duty 3-speed gearbox allows you to set the desired hole count in accordance with the operating speed and number of tines.
- The strong tine holders with largely dimensioned bushings and integrated grease reservoirs withstand extreme conditions, such as impact stresses, dirt, and sand.
Hydraulic rotary brush
- Central, tool- free, and quick adjustment of tine entry angle (90Â° to 65Â°) and working depth. By means of just one central crank you can easily and quickly make adjustments which are important for the working quality, regardless of whichever tine length you have mounted or whether the tine is new or used.
- If the optional hydraulic rotary brush is used instead of the rear roller, the turf is first top-dressed and then it is decompacted with the Greens TERRA SPIKE ® while the top-dress material is brushed into the turf. Thus the number of unnecessary passes is reduced.
- When using hollow tines the cores can be deposited as rows while using the optional swathboard. This makes the subsequent collection of the cores much easier.
- In addition to the wide range of tines, Wiedenmann offers various multi-tine holders to ensure an even higher operational efficiency. Select the appropriate type from 3 different multi-tine holders. The ”nail board“ multi-tine holder for the 3/16 and 5/16 solid tines (5/16 for G 6/160 only) with a tine length of 2 1/2 or 5 1/4 and 8 1/2 allows you to mount 73, 38, 24, or 8 tines. In the multi-tine holder for 5/16 solid tines you can mount 8 tines, with the two tine rows being placed offset to each other to ensure a narrow hole spacing. In the 3rd multi-tine holder you can mount either 8 pieces of 1/2 solid tines, or 1/2, 5/8, or 3/4 hollow tines. With this multitine holder the two tine rows are exactly placed after one another, so that they can also be used in connection with a turf retainer. The possible running speed and the related productivity are significantly increased by this.