The Premier Seedbed Management System
Utilizing a unique 5-step tillage system, the Landstar™ offers unmatched productivity with a 6-bar frame for non-stop residue handling. Model sizes to 36’ produce up to 320 acres per day of ideal seedbed.
The KUHN Krause Landstar™ 6405 delivers excellent residue flow handling capability, soil mixing, conditioning and leveling in one pass. Exclusive Excalibur® VT blades size residue uniformly and minimize lateral soil movement to mix soil and residue without creating ridges. Exclusive Star Wheel™ treaders provide additional clod sizing, leveling and residue distribution. The 24/7® leveling systems increase yield potential through better seedbed condition and increase productivity with non-stop farming.
Features may include:Exclusive 5-Step Process
- Cut Residue: Exclusive KUHN Krause Excalibur® VT blades with their 32-flute edge uniformly size residue for smooth flow through the machine. The gang, angled 8 degrees toward the rear of the machine, minimizes lateral soil movement to improve the leveling action of the shanks.
- Mix: Cultivator shanks provide thorough mixing action, dislodge weeds and settle soil. The Landsman® offers a choice of 7” spacing for smaller clod sizing and more residue coverage, or 9” spacing for maximum residue handling capabilities.
- Anchor Residue: Exclusive Star Wheel™ treaders cut clods, dislodge soil from weeds and root crowns, level ridges and recover residue evenly distributing it in the seedbed and on the soil surface.
- Level Soil: Tine or spike harrows provide excellent clod breaking and additional leveling action. Choose the harrow system that best fits your cropping practice.
- Enhance Seedbed Condition: The exclusive 24/7® Soil Conditioning Reel, available in 3-row tine with reel or 3-row spike with reel, accomplishes final clod sizing and soil firming with the ability to select a range of constant down pressure or float position to extend the weather/tillage window.