The Specialty Crop Workhorse
KUHN power tillers are versatile, while also mastering difficult soils and easily deals with the presence of rocks without any long-term impact on the machine.
KUHN EL 62, 82 and 92 Series power tillers are the result of a long history in soil preparation and decades of research and development. These tillers have been designed with versatility and durability for vineyard, market garden, horticulture and nursery operators. Their compact design allows you to till in vineyards and orchards, without damaging plants or trees. You are able to make simple adjustments from the comfort of your cab enabling fast adaptation to all situations. The EL 62, 82 and 92 power tillers are all highly reliable and are built to last to provide you with continued peace of mind.
Features may include:Rotor Drive
- The rotor drive is constructed with case-hardened, forged steel gears. The main frame is built from a large box-section casing.
- On the bigger models, the central gearbox is cast iron and setback for reduced PTO angles. A friction slip clutch is standard for protection of the drivetrain.
Skids or Wheels
- The EL 62, 82 and 92 power tillers are grouped together by a large frame providing high rigidity and exceptional endurance. The front portion is integrated with the casting, increasing the machine’s strength and giving you the potential to attach other equipment if needed.
- On the EL 62, 82 and 92 power tiller models, working depth is controlled by using skids or wheels. These wheels are intended for work not requiring the surface to be entirely uniform. The front wheels are adjustable in spacing and will roll over firm soil without leaving tracks in the worked soil.
- The special curved design of the KUHN tiller “C” blades has been optimized, tested and provides chopping and mixing of plant residues, aggressive entry into hard soil while requiring less horsepower and increased crumbling of soil clods. The EL Series is fitted with six blades per flange as standard for efficient crumbling.
- The optimized design of the rear hood is adjustable, especially valuable when changing work intensity with C-blades for optimum tillage and plant residue handling.