Commercial-Grade, Folding Power Harrows
High productivity and perfect soil preparation are equally critical to profitable commercial-scale production of field and specialty crops, and with 26’5” of working width, the HR 1040 R Series delivers just that.
KUHN HR 1040 R Series power harrows deliver exceptional results thanks to their high productivity and unmatched soil preparation components to match any commercial operation. With up to 26’ 5” of working width per pass, these secondary tillage machines cover vast fields quickly and efficiently. Despite the size, you’ll find the HR 1040 R Series harrows easy to handle, due to in-cab hydraulic adjustments, simple monitoring and the ability to fold down to a narrow 9’10” for safe transport.
Features may include:Commercial-Grade Durability
- The HR 1040 R Series power harrows are built tough for intensive use with high-horsepower tractors. The central gearbox is offset to the rear to reduce shaft angles and eliminate interference from large-diameter rear tractor wheels. It is also filled with synthetic oil and equipped with an oil cooler to withstand high temperatures in commercial applications.
KTS20 Monitoring Unit
- The rotors on the HR 1040 R Series are driven by large-diameter gears with no-maintenance bearings. The power transmission to the blades is ensured by numerous teeth being fully engaged at all times for increased durability and long life.
Hydraulic Leveling and Depth Adjustments
- The HR 1040 R Series harrows are equipped with a KTS20 monitoring unit as standard. Six sensors continuously monitor gearbox temperature and rotation speed. The in-cab terminal notifies the operator if there is an excessively high gearbox temperature or if the cut-out clutches have been tripped.
- Hydraulic adjustment for the working depth and leveling bar reduces the need to leave the tractor cab, while still adapting to changing field conditions and soil types.
- These power harrows fold easily to a narrow 9’ 10”. This provides rapid transition from transport to field and back. The HR 1040 R Series power harrows are practical, fast and easy to maneuver on roads and into fields with narrow gates.